77 Bloor Street West, Suite 600  Toronto, Ontario  M5S 1M2

416 489 8890  steve@benmor.com

our services

Child Support

Usually, a spouse who does not have day-to-day care and control of the children will be responsible for paying child support. The parent with day-to- day care and control of the children usually receives child support. The other parent usually pays child support.

Depending upon the parenting schedule, the amount of child support to be paid is based on non-resident parent’s income and on the special and extraordinary expenses of the children.

Table amounts are published that set out the monthly amount of child support based on the non-resident parent’s income and the number of children. This sum usually covers food, clothing and housing.

The resident parent’s income becomes relevant if the children spend almost equal time with each parent and for the purpose of sharing their special or extraordinary expenses, such as daycare, extracurricular activities or private school.

Every case is different

Whether you are a resident or non-resident parent or step-parent, child support is not fixed, but varies from year to year based on factors such as changes in income, changes in the parenting schedule and whether the children are still dependents.

For this reason, it is common for clients to Book your Session with Mr. Benmor to ensure that they are well-informed and paying or receiving the right amount in child support.

If you have questions about child support and special and extraordinary expenses for the children call us now at 416-489-8890 or Book your Session.

book your session